Not only are these revolutionary discs approximately half the cost of buying conventional PCCB replacements from Porsche but additionally they will have significantly greater life due to their patented construction, which employs a completely different manufacturing process. Unlike the PCCB discontinuous (chopped) carbon fibre construction, the ST discs interweaves continuous carbon fibre to form a 3D multi-directional matrix, producing a stronger and more durable product. The result is that the discs have 3 times the heat conductivity found in standard production discs thus keeping brake temperatures down and providing consistent brake performance.
There is also good news if you have a conventionally equipped car with steel discs: the ST discs can be fitted to those vehicles to, providing all these benefits:
- Weight savings of up to 70% compared to iron brakes (typically 20kg of unsprung weight)
- Improved handling and driveability
- Improved NVH (less noise, vibration and harshness)
- Improved performance (in both wet and dry conditions)
- Reduced brake wear – giving increased life
- Corrosion Free – reduced brake dust
- Outstanding performance, even from cold.
- Next-generation technology means they run at a much lower operating temperature (around 100° C less) providing improved performance and a much longer life, particularly on track.
One final benefit of their unique construction is that they can be refaced should they become scored, thus extending their useful life still further.